Steak tartare bocuse style
This Bocuse style steak Tartare Paul is one of the best Steak Tartare recipe I have tried in a long time . And If you like beef nothing beats a real home made steak tartare. The secret lies in mincing your own meat and using the right mix of herbs and condiments. In my view this is the best steak tartare you will ever try (made in the style of Paul Bocuse.) I am using a food grinder. If you want the real experience and you are patient enough, mince your meat by hand with a knife.
in this video I ma using a kitchen aid meat grinder attachment that I really recommend to anyone for teh simple reason that grinding your own meat give you not only the best quality meat but give you access to nay type of mince you want anytime. no more running around the supermarket or butcher to fin good quality lamb or chicken mince. you can now just make it yourself in 5 minutes.
- 300 grams beef filet (minced with a knife or a food grinder)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons shallots (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon capers (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chopped gherkins
- A few drops of tobacco
- A few drops of Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt and pepper
- Keep the mince cold in the refrigerator whilst preparing other ingredients.
- Whisk the egg yolk and mustard together in a small bowl. Still whisking, gradually add the olive oil.
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk all in. and when done, add seasoning and mix.
- Place the minced meat in another bowl and mix dressing into it.
- Eat as it is, with toasted bread or with a simple salad.
steak tartare video recipe: