The Online French Cooking School for Home Cooks
The French Cooking Academy offers down to earth yet professional French culinary classes.
Going out to a restaurant is great but the richest connections happen over a home cooked meal. But cooking for family and friends is intimidating and it can be frustrating to figure out where to start. Our courses make learning to cook French food easy and fun and will transform you into the true chef of your kitchen.
Our courses are based on the classic cooking skills taught in French culinary schools and the time honored techniques developed by the fathers of French cuisine. Our courses are practical and ‘hands-on’ by design. This means you will practice cooking as you learn, just like you would in a culinary school (without the travel and the big fees).
Why French cuisine?
French cuisine is a cultural experience that melds flavorful foods with beauty, leisure, and therapeutic preparation. It’s both an art and a lifelong passion. You will never stop learning. You will never run out of recipes. You will never stop delighting yourself with a new technique and you will never stop delighting your loved ones with beautiful dishes you create.
Keeping things simple
We bust the myth that making great French food is only for the professionals or that it should be intimidating. Our techniques and recipes are precise, easy to follow and always relevant for you, the home cook. With a mix of theory, cooking demonstrations and recipe challenges you’ll be engaged and motivated until the end of each course.
Are you ready to cook like a chef in your kitchen?
The French Cooking Academy online culinary school is now open with our first course “Get Started with French Cooking” which is targeted at beginners home cooks and foodies alike. Unique and exciting courses will be added to the school over time to both build and challenge your techniques and skills. Our mission is to make learning French cooking easy and unleash your inner French chef.
What’s in this online cooking course?
Get Started with French cooking is an Entry level course perfect for beginner home cooks that want to learn french cooking without having to enroll in a brick and mortar school.
12 Units covering the essential skills and techniques you need to cook great French food including:
- 25 Theory Lessons so you understand how a technique works before having a go yourself
- More than 35 Cooking Demonstration Videos filmed in a home kitchen to give you an authentic home cooking experience
- 4 Recipe Challenges to practice what you have learned and submit for evaluation
- More than 30 classic French recipes
- Plus Bonus Video Lessons to expand your culinary toolkit
- Loads of exclusive learning materials to help deepen your knowledge of French cooking
- Access to the French Cooking Academy private Facebook student group a space for passionate foodies to share tips, recipes and interact with the instructor.
- Flexible. Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device
- 30-day money-back guarantee. Try it out and get a full refund if it’s not right for you
- An Evergreen Course which means you’ll always get access to updates and new material
Here is what current students have to say:
I am very enthusiastic about the ways one recipe becomes part of another, and so on. It reminds me of calculus in school and the way derivatives can be used to move one formula up to the next. It is nice to get genuine thanks and encouragement from those I cook for. I guess what I am saying is that this is a wonderful course. The French Cooking Academy is allowing me to come up with my own ideas based on what I am learning. I still have far to go, but what a voyage.
My cooking has improved greatly. I now know how to cook basic food, how to choose it, which temperature to put, etc. I now understand it more, I am no longer stuck to the traditional recipes that I followed. I started getting new ideas, and now I can even create something of my own!