How to make potato croquettes
The potato croquettes are bite size fluffy potato snacks that can be serve as a side dish or just be eaten on their own with mayonnaise or other sauces. they are very versatile and easy to make at home and are perfectly suited for kids and adult alike. If you are used to buy those frozen give that recipe a go an you will never look back.
Another great potato dish you can make is called the duchess potatoes watch the video now
Ingredients needed for approx 20 croquettes ( depending on size)
- 1.2 KG ( 2.6 pounds) floury Potatoes
- 100 grams ( half cup) of french style plain butter
- 6 eggs ( yolks and white separated)
- salt & pepper ( to taste)
- nutmeg ( to taste)
- 100 grams of (1.5 cups) breadcrumbs
- 50 grams (6 few tablespoon) of all purpose flour
- 1.5 lite ( 6 cups) of deep frying oil ( canola, ground nut, or grapeseed )
- Steam or boil the potatoes for 20 minutes ( depending on size) , or until just tender
- Drain well and return to the pan.
- Stir over medium heat to remove excess moisture, then mash well.
- Stir over low heat for 2 minutes, add the seasoning and mix well.
- Add now the butter in small pieces and mix well with the mash until well incorporated,
- Add the egg yolks and mix again for a few minutes until you get a coherent mass.
- Spread the potato mix in a tray or plate cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. when the mix is cold enough transfer to mixture to a pipping bag and start pressing out little logs of about 5 cm (2 inch) long. You can also make other shapes by hands if you wish.
- Next place the flour, egg whites and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow dishes.
- Lightly bat the egg white.
- When done, roll the croquettes in the flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip the croquette in the beaten egg white, then coat evenly in the crumbs, shaking off the excess.
- Place the croquettes in a single layer on a try or plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Fill a deep heavy-based pan a third full of oil and heat to 170°C (330°F) or use a fryer
- Cook the croquettes in batches for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove carefully with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and keep warm while cooking the remaining croquettes.
IF YOU LIKE WATCHING MY CONTENT PLEASE
CONSIDER HELPING THE CHANNEL USING ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW
* Spread the word about the channel and the website.
* Check my Amazon cookware page ( affiliate link)
* Join the Kitchen brigade by signing up on my Patreon page :
* Take a look a the recipes to my website
Watch the video tutorial: